Welcome to a fresh month with so much to do:
• For those of you among the low-fi photo community, our good friend Mary Ann Lynch is editing the next issue of Light Leaks magazine, "Ebb & Flow: The cycle of change." The deadline is March 13th.
• The Center for Fine Art Photography has two calls for juried shows open right now: Animalia, juried by Karen Irvine and Consumption, juried by Brian Paul Clamp. The deadline for Animalia is March 16th. Consumption is April 13th.
• Enter CPW's Photography Now 2010 Exhibition, juried this time around by Lesley A. Martin from Aperture. Deadline is March 31st.
• check out the new issue of Fraction magazine. Many of our friends are included: Jonathan Blaustein, Mary Goodwin, Liz Kuball and more...
• oh, and also check out the new issue of LensWork, featuring Loli Kantor's "There Was a Forest." Loli originally showed her work to Brooks and Maureen at our Reviews last Spring.
• for those of you in New York, Paula McCartney's Birdwatching opens this week at Klompching. Also, everyone's favorite photographer/collector/blogger/and generator of enthusiasm for all things photographic, Ruben Natal-San Miguel, has a show of his own work, Concrete Jungle, at Kris Graves Projects. Congrats Ruben! Both of these shows open Thursday night. Go ahead and call in sick for Friday now.
• check out Verve photo. Good stuff there.
• Our friend Alexa Dilworth at the Center for Documentary Studies has sure been busy. But she's about to get busier. CDS just announced that William Eggleston is going to be this year's juror for the CDS/Honickman First Book Prize. Submissions will be accepted from June 15th to September 8th.
• CDS has also partnered up with Daylight Magazine and they've both announced the Daylight/CDS Photo Awards, to honor and promote talented and committed photographers, both emerging and established. The result will be a project prize, a work in project prize, and six jurors' pick prize winners, and ten honorable mentions. The jurors are folks you want to have look at your work: Vince Aletti, Darius Himes, Julie Saul, Alec Soth, Hank Willis Thomas, Jamie Wellford, Taj Forer and Michael Itkoff, Alexa Dilworth, and Courtney Reid-Eaton. Submissions will be accepted from March 15th through May 15th.